About Our College
Brentwood Secondary College is a 7-12 co-educational, single campus school located in the eastern Melbourne suburb of Glen Waverley within the City of Monash. The College has a proud history educating students in the local and broader community, celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2019. Since the school opened in 1969 it has grown to an enrolment of 1625 students in Years 7-12. As a consequence of high enrolment demand, the Department of Education has placed an enrolment cap of 1625 on the school.
The school was originally designed around two main courtyards, however as the school has grown the facilities have also evolved. This includes:
- In 2002, School Council funded the construction of a Senior Learning Centre.
- In 2006, the Maths and Science block was reconstructed and the School Council funded the construction of an extensive gymnasium complex adjacent to the school hall.
- In 2007, the Thinking, Learning and Creativity centre was constructed.
- In 2014, the Science Courtyard was expanded with new Science buildings.
- In 2019, the school received $4.6 million for a new VCE/Senior Learning Centre which will be completed 2021/22.
The school gardens, buildings and grounds are very well maintained and provide a sense of pride for the entire school community.
Brentwood students come from over forty government and non-government primary schools with the three largest within walking distance. Almost 60% of Brentwood students reside in the local Glen Waverley/Wheelers Hill area and those living outside the neighbourhood area generally travel to school by bus. The College is very well serviced by commercial bus companies.
The Student Family Occupation and Education (SFOE) density is calculated at 0.2502 which is classified within the low band; the lower the SFOE density, the higher the SFO percentile. The higher the SFO percentile therefore implies the higher the socio-economic status of students’ families. The Brentwood SFOE percentile is located between the 75th and 95th percentiles relative to other government schools.
Upon exiting Brentwood, 92% of year 12 students continue their education at Victorian universities or TAFE colleges. Each year approximately 75% of students continue their education at university, with Monash University being the most popular, and 20% at TAFE colleges or other training providers. A secure education, training or employment pathway beyond Brentwood is a priority for all students.