Enrolling at Brentwood

The placement of students at Brentwood Secondary College is consistent with Department of Education Placement Policy.

Eligible children and young persons have the right to be admitted to their designated neighbourhood government school, regardless of capacity. Accordingly, all students that reside within the area of a designated neighbourhood school (referred to as a ‘school zone’) must be offered a place when seeking enrolment. For information on eligibility, refer to: Eligibility to enrol in a Victorian government school.

A student’s designated neighbourhood school is generally the school that is nearest the student’s permanent address as determined by the school zone. The Find my School website provides guidance on which school zone a student’s permanent residence is located within.

Where there are insufficient places at a school for all students who seek entry students should be enrolled in the following priority criteria unless determined otherwise by the Regional Director.

  1. Students for whom the school is the designated neighbourhood school
  2. Students with an older sibling at the same permanent address and who are attending the school at the same time
  3. Where the regional director has restricted the enrolment, students who reside nearest the school

If you wish to enrol your child at Brentwood (separate from Year 6 to Year 7 transition) please contact the school on 8545 0300 to check availability of vacancies at the College.

As of May, 2025, the Department of Education has updated the Enrolment Management Implementation Plan for Brentwood Secondary College to further restrict enrolments for Year 7 students in 2025. To be enrolled in Year 7 in 2025 students must meet the following criteria:

  • Students who live within the school zone
  • Students with a sibling attending the school at the same time (i.e. both siblings must be attending the school in the same calendar year)
  • Students seeking enrolment on compassionate grounds.

Further information on compassionate grounds can be found here: https://www2.education.vic.gov.au/pal/enrolment/guidance/placement-policy

Our School Zone

Findmyschool.vic.gov.au hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones for 2020 onwards.

Information on this site is updated in Term 1 each year, ready for the Year 6 to 7 transition period.

To visit the site, see: www.findmyschool.vic.gov.au

If you have a question about school zones call the VSBA Hotline on 1800 896 950 or email vsba@edumail.vic.gov.au

You can also look at the DET Placement Policy for further details.

When seeking to enrol your child at Brentwood, you may be requested to provide supporting documentation. This documentation will assist us in verifying your permanent residence. Click here for details on what documents may be requested.