Studying in Victoria
Victorian government schools are a destination of choice for international students. Our schools provide international students with a high-quality education, excellent English language tuition, caring welfare support services, secure homestay, and pathways to higher education. To learn more about studying and living in Victoria as an international student, see: www.study.vic.gov.au
About our school
Brentwood Secondary College is a high-performing academic school. The college reflects its vibrant multicultural community in Melbourne’s east through a culture that values and respects student diversity. The safe and caring learning environment caters for students in years 7-12 with a uniquely challenging curriculum including over 30 Victorian Certificate of Education subjects and an intensive English as an Additional Language program. Brentwood Secondary College gives every student the opportunity to pursue excellence and achieve success.
How to apply
Most international students must apply to the Department of Education in order to study in a Victorian government school. To learn about the application types and to apply, see: How to apply
Contact our school
For more information about international students, please contact the below staff member.
International Student Coordinator (ISC): Pramila Thapliyal
Phone: 03 8545 0300
Generic school email: email@example.com
Brentwood Secondary College is accredited under the Department of Education’s CRICOS registration (CRICOS provider name and code: Department of Education, 00861K). For more information, see: www.study.vic.gov.au.
International students are strongly encouraged to study their first language at the Victorian School of Languages (VSL).
- Advanced placement into VCE
- Accelerated, enrichment and gifted teaching and learning programs for talented students in Years 7 to 12
- Access to enhancement programs at Melbourne University & Monash University
- Individual career and subject counselling for students in Years 9-12
- VET and GAP programs
- Extensive EAL program with the support of multicultural teachers
- Extensive sporting and extracurricular opportunities
- Focus on arts, multimedia and music
- Comprehensive student support provided by a wellbeing team, an International Student Manager, year level managers, teachers and trained peer leaders
- Extended study program for international students.
- Broad access to computer network and Internet through computer laboratories, pods and isolated work stations
- Library resource centre with significant access to computer network
- Careers centre
- Purpose built senior learning centre for VCE students
- Multipurpose gymnasium and fully equipped function centre
- Tennis and basketball courts, cricket practice nets and sports oval
- Science facilities
- Music rooms
- Art photography and dark room facilities.
- Art/graphics facilities